Wheat is not only known for its grains but for its grass as well. This is one nutritious grass as it was renowned worldwide for its outstanding health benefits. Here are some benefits of wheatgrass that you ought to know:
1. It can lower blood pressure and increase red blood cells. It cleanses the blood as it promotes better blood circulation. It can stimulate our body’s metabolism rate which makes it one of the best natural dietary supplements in the market. If you want to use wheatgrass to lose pounds, it is best eaten raw because cooking will destroy the healthy enzymes you need to hasten you metabolism.
2. Wheatgrass is rich in alkaline so it can regulate indigestion, stimulate the thyroid gland and fight off obesity. It can reduce blood acidity levels and can be used to treat pain and illness like peptic ulcer, diarrhea, constipation and other gastrointestinal issues.
3. Amino acids are also found in wheatgrass which is effective to detoxify the body and protect the liver.
4. It can stop tumor formations by neutralizing body toxins. It strengthens the cells and promotes cell regeneration as it cleanses the blood.
5. Promotes fast healing.
6. It can also be used as an anti itch agent when applied topically on the affected area. It can soothe and heal cuts, rashes, insect bites, itchy scaly scalp and even athlete’s foot. It is also a good remedy to soothe a sunburned skin.
7. Its aroma helps regulate sleeping pattern; a good cure for insomnia. Just place a tray of fresh wheatgrass near your bed
8. Wheatgrass serves as a breath freshener as well. It is also a good cure for bleeding and sore gums.
9. It slows down the ageing process and rejuvenates aging skin.
10. It helps to keep your hair’s natural color as it prevents grey hair.
This grass has been considered as a wonder grass because of all the nutritional factors it possess and the above mentioned are only10 of the benefits of wheatgrass you can enjoy. The great thing about wheatgrass is that, you can take it in so many different methods. You can eat it raw, extract it into a juice drink and apply it directly on your skin. Most medical professionals would advise recovering patients to have a daily dose of wheatgrass juice to heal faster.
The benefits of wheatgrass can also be taken in tablet and powder form. So if you don’t have wheatgrass near your area, you can simply go downtown and look for drugstores to buy one.